Sunday, November 28, 2010

Spicy Tomatillo Salsa

When Nicole and I made our Mexican dinner on Wednesday we had some tomatillos that we didn't use. Nicole graciously sent them home with me. What else was I to do? When life hands you tomatillos, make salsa. 

It turned out brilliantly and I have been putting it on everything.


I took some jalapenos, tomatillos, and garlic and roasted them in a nonstick pan. Then I threw all that into the blender with cilantro, lime juice, and some salt. It is SPICY, but oh so good! You know how much I already love sauces, but this one is special. It has a fantastic blend of heat, tang, and vibrance. I put it into a recycled Kombucha bottle, and I have already used up half of it.


Spicy Tomatillo Salsa
5 Tomatillos
3 Cloves Garlic
3 Jalapenos (it is really spicy, so use less for a more mild salsa)

1 Lime, juiced
1/2 bunch of cilantro
pinch of salt

Take tomatillos, garlic, and jalapenos and roast in a nonstick pan until dark brown on all sides. Place in blender with the cilantro, lime juice, and salt. Blend and taste. If it is too thick you can add a little water.
Use as a topping on eggs, beans, tacos, vegetables, soup, etc.


Nicole brought back little magnet turtles to give everyone. We put ours in the kitchen on the hood over the range. It watches me while I cook, and reminds me not to put too much garlic in the food :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a blogger and not using blogspot please feel free to leave your blog URL as your nickname or in the body of your comment.