Thursday, August 25, 2011

School is back in session


Well, it's that time again. I started classes again last week. I am taking Chemistry, Precalculus, English, Communication, and PE. I am really enjoying all my classes, and all my teachers. It just means lots of homework and early mornings. It is definitely an adjustment, and I need to be so careful about how I manage my time to get everything done. 

A perk about being back at school again is a Costco and Super H Mart that are only twenty minutes from the school. I went the other day with my sister Jenna and we had a blast! I had not been in a long time and needed to stock up on a few essentials. 
I got a big bag of besan (chickpea) flour, rice paper wrappers, korean chili powder, seaweed, rice noodles, wasabi peas and a few other items. It is very exciting to have a stocked pantry!!


Every-time I go to Super H I try to pick up something I have never tried before. This time I picked up some hijiki. It is a dried seaweed that can be reconstituted in water and takes on the flavor of whatever you cook it with. I will hopefully be posting a recipe soon once I try it. 

\

The other thing I got is korean chili powder. I heard that it is a little like normal chili powder but spicier and more floral. I purchased it to make traditional korean kimchi. My goal is to make some in the next month or so when all the cabbages are in season. 

Yay for new ingredients :).







No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a blogger and not using blogspot please feel free to leave your blog URL as your nickname or in the body of your comment.