Monday, October 18, 2010

Say no to sugar

I have been going a little overboard on the sweets lately. It seems that once I have even a taste of something sweet it leaves me craving more. I even ate some of the peanut butter bars that I made for Chris yesterday that were filled will butter, sugar, and enriched bleached white flour. Ah. When I eat that stuff it makes me feel bloated, unsatisfied, and gives me a stomachache. When I do make the healthier snacks I tend to eat too much at a time. Like when I made pumpkin no bake cookies the other day and ate the whole batch by myself in a day and a half. 

I have decided that I need to take a little time to go without sweets. For the next ten days I will be avoiding sweeteners in my foods. Even my beloved raw honey and that delicious honey cherry jelly that I love to put on everything. I will try to focus on eating more vegetables and balancing out my cravings a little bit.  

So that means for the next ten days no more carrot cake...


No more chocolate nutty flax squares... 


And especially no more pumpkin no-bakes. 


But, I have many great recipes planned for this week to keep me away from wanting sweets. So check back soon :).

1 comment:

If you are a blogger and not using blogspot please feel free to leave your blog URL as your nickname or in the body of your comment.