Saturday, October 2, 2010

It's time to dance again.

This is our final pose for a dance we did at my old church.
 I am the one in the middle with the hat.

I had the morning to myself today and I didn't know what to do. Normally I have a whole list of things I need to get done and today I was drawing a blank. Well, maybe it was more like I didn't feel like doing what I needed to do, yet I didn't want to sit around and be lazy either. I get the most pleasure from being productive and getting something accomplished. Oddly enough, if I spend a whole day doing nothing I feel more drained than rested. I think I get this from my Mom :). 

I started by doing my devotions and journaling a little bit. Then a thought popped into my head. Why don't I ask God what He thinks I should do this morning? It is strange that I didn't think about that first, instead of waiting until I couldn't think of anything else. I am trying to be more intentional in my pursuit of God and I know I need grace to seek Him first. So many times I only think of Him when I need something from Him or can't think of anything else. He deserves way more than my leftovers. 

Then I heard Him say He wanted me to praise Him. He wanted me to dance for Him. 

I haven't danced in a long time. I have been interested in it for several years now, and it is something that brings me great joy. But, it seems that every time I have an opportunity to develop my dancing something comes in the way. I have let go of this passion way too easily, and I haven't fought to keep it alive. 

I felt like God way saying to me today that the love I have for dance is from Him. He planted the desire and passion in my soul and I am called to develop this gift. When I danced to worship God today it was like something opened up inside of me. Dancing truly brings me to life and I want to be faithful to use it for the Lord. 

There is a local ballet class held once a week that I can go to. But, because of finances I have been hesitant to sign up. Today God told me to have faith and believe that He will provide for what He's called me to do. :) I have such an awesome Heavenly Father that is always looking out for me.

 I guess it is time to get out my ballet shoes and start dancing again!




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a blogger and not using blogspot please feel free to leave your blog URL as your nickname or in the body of your comment.