Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Roasted Cauliflower

I used to dislike cauliflower. It was always mushy, and tasteless. But recently I started roasting it in the oven, and I will never go back. It gets a bit crispy around the edges and still retains that satisfying crunch without being bitter. I love eating cauliflower this way. 


I made roasted cauliflower, baked tilapia, and polenta for dinner tonight. I thought it was super tasty. This post is for anyone that has sworn off of cauliflower. Maybe experience has led you to believe that it is a vegetable that is destined to become bland mush. But I am here to tell you that it can be made into something flavorful, crisp tender, and fabulous! The great news is that it is also in season right now. So grab a head a cauliflower on your next trip to the grocery store and roast away.

Roasted Cauliflower:
Serves 4-6 as a side dish

1 head of cauliflower
Olive oil
Salt and Pepper
Paprika

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut up one cauliflower and spread it out on a large pan. Drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika to taste. Toss to coat evenly. Place in oven and roast 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a blogger and not using blogspot please feel free to leave your blog URL as your nickname or in the body of your comment.