Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Procrastination and a few rambles

I just finished eating lunch and I am supposed to clean the house. But, I don't particularly feel like it right now. Instead of getting up and doing it anyway, I sat down to start catching up on all the blogs I am subscribed to. Then I decided that if I am sitting down and procrastinating, I might as well do something a tad more productive and write a post.

I was going to write about my attempt at homemade chocolate. But then it turned out tasting terrible. I need to make some adjustments before I can recommend any recipes. Instead I will tell you about yesterday's dinner.

About six months ago my husband and I went to an italian restaurant for dinner.  He ordered Gorgonzola Alfredo with Steak and Mushrooms and liked it so much he requested it for his birthday. His birthday was yesterday, and I remembered that dish and prepared it for dinner last night. He grilled the steaks outside, and I used spinach linguine, a homemade alfredo sauce with gorgozola mixed in, and added sauteed mushrooms and spinach. I wasn't planning on having any because wheat and dairy sometimes give me a hard time. But I used a half serving of noodles, piled on the mushrooms and spinach and only used about 2 Tablespoons of the sauce. I also ate a large salad with it, and my stomach was fine. It tasted great, and I was glad to be able to enjoy it! I didn't realize how simple alfredo sauce is and how much better it tastes when it is homemade. Chris was pleased and it made him feel special that I remembered his request from so long ago. We also don't eat much dairy or red meat around here so it was a treat on many levels.

I also made fifty cupcakes to take as birthday snack for his 6th grade band class. It was funny because I had never met any of his band students before and some of the things they said when they saw me made me laugh. The third girl in line that I gave a cupcake to looked at me and said "So you are the teacher's wife?". I responded in the affirmative and she said "Wow, you're kind of pimp". I probably wouldn't use that word to describe myself but I thought it was a compliment nonetheless. It makes me feel good knowing that the middle schoolers here think I am cool.

I guess it really is time for me to go clean now. I will post later with pictures from lunch. It was tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a blogger and not using blogspot please feel free to leave your blog URL as your nickname or in the body of your comment.