Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Detox Day 2

I hope you all had a wonderful day and were able to stay warm! We woke up to ice on all our windows, but from the suggestion of a friend we dripped out faucets and thankfuly none of our pipes froze. We are also done with day 2 of our detox :)!


I made oatmeal to go with breakfast this morning. I used half water half coconut milk for the liquid, and once the oatmeal was cooked I added in some sea salt, cinnamon and coconut oil. We both really enjoyed it!


I also had a cup of soup to drink on the way to work. It was chicken broth blended with some beans, carrots and kale and I added seasoning to taste. 


Chris ate his oatmeal with an omelet and an orange. 



For lunch we had more of the Asian brown rice salad I made Sunday with some baked veggies. haha We didn't like the veggies today either. Sad. I need to figure out a way to repurpose those veggies into something we like a little better, and find a different veggie side dish for tomorrow's lunch.


We also had a small container each of peanut and unsweetened flaked coconut. 


For dinner we had leftover chili with goat cheese, steamed broccoli, and a cup of peppermint/chamomile tea. 


For dessert I made an oatmeal cracker type thing and blended together oatmeal, coconut oil, cinnamon, salt and shredded coconut (kind of like making a streusel topping for a pie, but without any sugar). I pressed it into a pan and baked it for 20 minutes. Chris said he didn't like it as much as yesterday's snack, but I really enjoyed the crunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a blogger and not using blogspot please feel free to leave your blog URL as your nickname or in the body of your comment.