Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Chocolate Nutty Flax Squares

Yummulicious!

Last night I was hit with a craving. You know how it goes. You get something into your mind and nothing else will satisfy your longing. Nothing else will satiate your taste buds. I wanted chocolate and I wanted it bad. Good thing I had some dark chocolate baking chips in the freezer.

I dumped some chocolate chips into bowl and melted them in the microwave on power level five. Then I mixed in a dollop of natural peanut butter, a squirt of honey, and some nutty flax cereal. I spooned the mixture into a mold (or you can just spoon it onto wax paper) and placed in the freezer. Once they had hardened I popped them out of the mold onto a plate. It was a delightful treat that fully satisfied my chocolate craving. Chris even thought it was delicious. But I guess you can't go wrong with chocolate, peanut butter, and crunchy cereal :).

This is a great brand of cereal. It stays crunchy even after being in milk for a long time and it was perfect for my crispy chocolate squares!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a blogger and not using blogspot please feel free to leave your blog URL as your nickname or in the body of your comment.