Sunday, September 11, 2011

Masa Harina and Besan Pancake (Gluten Free)

I have so many things to post about! I have been cooking up a storm this last week and took pictures of it all. Now I just need to find the time to write about everything. Unfortunately, the time for writing on this blog gets pushed aside with all my other commitments. I really appreciate those of you who continue to read even when my posts are sporadic. Thank you!

Today I want to tell you about my wonderful breakfast.


Masa Harina and Besan Pancake with a Fried Egg and Pepper Jack Cheese on top. 

Let me tell you, this was completely delicious. I make pancakes a lot. But they aren't your normal every day pancake. Mine have brown rice flour, chickpea flour (Besan), and lately I have been putting in a couple Tablespoons of masa harina (corn flour) for a little twist. I usually put a 1/3 to 1/2 cup flour with baking soda, salt, packet of stevia, and water and it makes two pancakes. Then I make it like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and eat it as I run out the door to either clean a house or get to school early to workout. I like it because it is filling and it stays with me for a long time. 


Today I wanted something different, and I wanted something savory. To make my pancake, I put in 2 T or brown rice flour, 1 T besan flour, 1 T of masa harina, 1/2 tsp baking powder, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and fresh cilantro then I added water and a splash of buttermilk that we have leftover in the fridge from a cake I made yesterday. It made one pancake and then I fried an egg to put on top with some pepper jack cheese. 

It was a beautiful sight when I cut open the egg yolk and let it's satisfying creamy liquid gold run all over the pancake. Oh my... 

 You should try the savory pancake with egg combo. It is quite tasty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a blogger and not using blogspot please feel free to leave your blog URL as your nickname or in the body of your comment.