Monday, September 12, 2011

Garlic Basil Spaghetti Squash with Parmesan and Arugula


 This was a particularly delicious lunch I made the other day. I came home from school very hungry and remembered I had some leftover cooked spaghetti squash in the fridge. 


Here are the players. 3 cloves of garlic, about 10 medium sized basil leaves,  2 cups of arugula, 2 cups spaghetti squash, salt, pepper, lots of red pepper flakes, and a sprinkling of parmesan. I put a little olive oil in a pan and sauteed the garlic. I added all the other ingredients and cooked until everything was heated through. I dumped it all in a bowl and sprinkled parmesan on top. It was delicious!


In other news, I met with my academic advisor today at school. We came up with plan that will have me graduating in Spring 2013. I wrote out what I need to take for each semester to be able to finish. I am very excited to have a goal to work towards. It will be a little rough with having to complete 6 more science courses in three semesters. But I believe I am up to the challenge. I also found out that there is an Organic Gardening/Environmental Awareness club that meets at the school. They even have their own greenhouse. Today someone invited me to come to one of their meetings and it sounds very cool! 

Today was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a blogger and not using blogspot please feel free to leave your blog URL as your nickname or in the body of your comment.