Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Pumpkin Curry Pasta Sauce

 First of all, I want to give a big shout out to one of my favorite fans. This special lady read about when I broke my hand mixer trying to make all that frosting for those wedding cakes. Right away she sent me an email and said she wanted to get me a new one. It came the day before Christmas and I have made good use of it since. Thank you so very much!


Yesterday I attended orientation for college, and I was able to register for all my classes. I will be taking 13 credit hours with four classes and one lab. Tomorrow will be my first official day and I am excited! 

With so many changes all at once I feel like a new chapter is opening in my life. I want to be ready for anything that comes and recently I have not been feeling the best. It is not anything terrible, I just know that I am not feeling as good as I can. I think it is because of my eating habits. For someone else this would be great. I mean much of what I have been eating has been home baked with fresh ground whole wheat flour ( pizza dough, rolls, bread, pancakes, muffins ). However, I think gluten is bad for my body and I need to stop eating it. I have also given in to too many desserts with lots of refined sugar. 

I have felt lethargic and slow. I have had a sore throat and congestion off and on. My fingers and toes are always cold. Cut takes a long time to heal and my lips have been dry and cracked for almost three months now.  I am not sure if I am just fighting a cold or if something I am eating is suppressing my immune system. But, I have decided to stop eating gluten, dairy, and sugar for the next 4 weeks and see if I feel any better. I tried to do something like this going into the holidays and I just wasn't committed. But I am praying and asking the Lord for help as I try to bring healing and life through nutrition.

Today I was able to clean out my fridge and cabinets and get rid of things that expired and get everything organized. It made me feel really good, and I felt it was very symbolic of the house cleaning I am trying to do inside my body. So far my plan is to eat lots of vegetables and soups with home made bone broth. I am going to drink at least 2 glasses of herbal tea a day and lots of water. Beyond that I just want to enjoy what I eat, be intentional about savoring each moment, and give God the glory!


For lunch today I decided to make a pumpkin curry sauce to go over some gluten free rice noodles I had in the cupboard. The pumpkin and curry paired nicely with the cilantro, and I thought the coconut milk added a great creaminess. I really enjoyed eating it and will have the rest for lunch tomorrow.

Pumpkin Curry Pasta Sauce:
Serves 2
1/4 cup finely diced red onion
3/4 cup pumpkin
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup water or chicken broth
1 tsp red curry paste
1/4 cup chopped cilantro plus extra for garnish
salt and pepper to taste

Rice or noodles to serve

Saute onion until golden brown. Add pumpkin, coconut milk, water, and curry paste. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes. Add cilantro. Taste and add desired amount of salt and pepper. Serve over rice noodles or rice. Garnish with cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a blogger and not using blogspot please feel free to leave your blog URL as your nickname or in the body of your comment.