Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving Shenanigans

Happy Thanksgiving! Albeit a bit late. I hope your Thanksgiving day was full of thankfulness, family and lots of yummy food! Chris and I ate lunch with Chris' family and we had a wonderful day.

This year, my husband and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary the day before Thanksgiving. I will take you through our anniversary and Thanksgiving with a few pictures :).


On Wednesday morning we slept in and then Chris worked on a quick project after breakfast while I made the cheesecake for Thursday. He converted his fog machine into a low fogger (where the fog stays close to the floor instead of dispersing into the air) for a production at church. 


The cooler gets filled with ice and when the fog comes into contact with the cold it causes the fog to stay low to the ground as it comes out the other side. 


Getting his camera ready to record a demo.


It worked! During testing we didn't have any ice, so he took out all the frozen vegetables from our freezer and put those in the cooler. I had to laugh, but it worked and I was definitely impressed! No harm came to the vegetables during the making of the demo :).

After that, we got everything packed and cleaned up we went to spend the night at a cabin. 


Chris made a fire :).



We ate a wonderful dinner of baked salmon, mashed cauliflower, and sautéed veggies. YUM!



Then we watched movies in front of the fire and ate Coldstone ice-cream. 

It was a great day!


Thanksgiving morning we woke up and had sourdough cinnamon toast with scrambled eggs and coffee. Then I finished preparing the cheesecake, green beans and cranberry sauce I was bringing to Thanksgiving lunch. 


Before we left we had to get our picture in front of the lake. It was a beautiful day! I can't believe it has already been 4 years. I am so thankful for Chris and I look forward to many more years to come. 

Then we headed over to eat lunch with Chris' family.


I brought steamed green beens with sautéed peppers, onions and garlic. It was a big hit!


I made this recipe for a low sugar cranberry sauce. It was a little too tart and I am out of honey, so I added 1/3 cup of sugar and I shredded a whole apple instead of using applesauce. 


Finally, I made pumpkin cheesecake (for sweetener I used 1/3 cup sugar because I didn't have any honey), with this crust (I used unsweetened coconut instead of almonds), caramel whipped cream, and drizzled homemade caramel on top. Oh my goodness. So good. 

I wish I had taken more pictures of lunch. I was too busy eating and enjoying good company after I got my plate. We also had creamed corn, stuffing, macaroni and cheese, turkey, rice and gravy, and more. It was a delicious meal and everyone did a great job with the food!


This is just a picture of us bundled up Friday morning. Our house gets cold! We look ridiculous but we are warm :). 



Finally, I will end this post with a picture of my last piece of cheesecake. I am already thinking of when I can make this again :).

What did you do for Thanksgiving? Do you have any special Thanksgiving traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a blogger and not using blogspot please feel free to leave your blog URL as your nickname or in the body of your comment.