Saturday, December 7, 2013

Garlic Infused Olive Oil (In the crockpot!)

Are you ready for this? It is the easiest recipe ever! 


Put a layer of garlic cloves in a crockpot. I used 3 cups of cloves.


Pour in enough olive oil to cover the garlic and cook on low for 3 hours. Then strain out the garlic. Sorry that this picture is SUPER dark. It is dark in our kitchen and I am also taking a picture of a black crockpot.


You will be rewarded with a jar of delicious roasted garlic. 


And a jar of garlic infused olive oil. 


WOAH. This stuff is good. 

The garlic cloves are great just smushed onto a piece of bread. So far, based on what I have tried, they are also delectable mixed into green beans, mixed in ground beef for hamburgers, mashed into mashed potatoes, and in soup. The infused oil is great for sautéing vegetables and spreading on pizza dough before baking. This is only the start. I am sure I will find many many more uses for these wonderful ingredients. I am making sure to feed lots of garlic to Chris too… so we both stink of course :)! Mwahaha.

I am keeping both jars in the fridge and plan to use them up within the month. Also, to protect against the risk of botulism, I squeezed the juice of one lemon into the olive oil after straining. It adds a nice flavor, and helps it last longer. 

Let me know if you try this :). I would love to hear about how you use garlic in your kitchen!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a blogger and not using blogspot please feel free to leave your blog URL as your nickname or in the body of your comment.