Saturday, May 25, 2013

Homemade Mineral Makeup (plus lotion, lip balm, and toothpaste)

My cousins were in town from North Carolina last weekend. They were able to spend several days hanging out with my sisters in Douglasville. I drove down last Sunday and joined them for the day to make makeup! I told myself I would take lots of pictures so I could blog about the event. Unfortunately, I only took a couple. But I got quite a few pictures that my sister's posted on Facebook! Thank you to all my family members who are better than me at documenting important events :)!

The day happened in several stages. 

Part I: Dinner Prep



I planned an elaborate asian meal for dinner so we all pitched in and got the preliminary chopping, pureeing, sauce making, mixing, and rice making done first. 

Part II: Making Beauty Products


We started by making homemade remineralizing toothpaste. I would go into detail on all of these beauty products but this blog post would get REALLY long. So, I will just include the links to all of these recipes so you can try them yourself if you want to. 




Everyone mixing up their toothpaste. I have been using my homemade toothpaste since March and I really love it! My teeth feel so smooth and stay that way all day.



Then we made lotion (not pictured, but that is what my cute pregnant sister is working on on the other side of the counter :)) and colored lip balm!! 


Honey Peppermint Lip Balm (to color we added 1/2 tsp alkanet root powder)



After that we started on makeup!! The best website I have found for information on ingredients and recipes is HERE. Also, I ordered all the micas, pigments, sifter jars, and fillers from Coastal Scents. This is my second time hosting this type of event and it is a great way to save money by ordering everything in bulk. 


Everyone made foundation, blush, and several shades of eyeshadow.


My nephew even helped out!


This is my makeup collection so far. I still haven't found a good way to make homemade mascara. But I will keep looking!

Part III: Dinner


haha I don't know what my sister is doing in this photo. We had summer rolls with peanut sauce, sushi and wasabi, green curry veggies with rice noodles, and beef lettuce wraps with sweet and sour sauce. 


Everything turned out great and the whole day was so much fun. Thank you to everyone that participated and took pictures so I could blog about it!





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a blogger and not using blogspot please feel free to leave your blog URL as your nickname or in the body of your comment.