Thursday, May 9, 2013

Garden Update: May 9

Hello! I don't know about you guys but I am so happy that spring is here (finally)! After all the rain last weekend, I finally was able to get outside on Monday and plant the rest of my plants. I also went to a plant sale a few weeks ago and got several things that I still wanted like cucumbers, peppers and some herbs.


Chocolate Mint.


Cilantro from seed. 


Thai basil from seed. These plants got submerged last week when I left them outside overnight and it rained all night. I actually cried when I found them in the morning. But Chris saved them and they perked right back up. 


Lettuce. 


Roma Tomatoes. 


Rosemary that I planted last year that is finally showing some new growth. 


Lettuce.


Tomatillo!


Stevia that overwintered from last year. I was so excited to see it shoot up this year!


Habanero pepper. 


Oregano.


Mexican Sage.


Green onions that overwintered. I dug up three big bulbs and split them up and spread them throughout the garden bed. 


Snap peas!


Under the snap peas I planted 3 cucumber plants that I bought. I think that the peas will die back by the time the cucumbers take off. 


Not enough to make a meal, but delicious nonetheless.  


Here is my newly expanded garden. On the right I dug up those 3 beds, topped it with mulch, and planted my tomatillos and tomatoes. In the beds I have 2 pepper plants, all my herbs, green onions, lettuce, and greens. 

I also finished another semester at school! I was ready to be done and it feels good to have a break from studying all the time :). Thanks for reading and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a blogger and not using blogspot please feel free to leave your blog URL as your nickname or in the body of your comment.