Sunday, August 14, 2011

Dark Chocolate Pancakes (Free of Gluten, Dairy, Refined Sugar, and Eggs)

I wanted chocolate for breakfast. So I made chocolate pancakes. 


Mission accomplished.

Dark Chocolate Pancakes (Free of Gluten, Dairy, Refined Sugar, and Eggs)
Makes enough for two pancakes

1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp Brown Rice Flour
2 Tbsp Cocoa Powder (I used Hershey's Dark Cocoa)
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Baking Powder
pinch of salt
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp Honey
1/4-1/3 cup water (add a little at a time until you get the right consistency)

Mix dry ingredients together. Add wet ingredients. Heat up a nonstick pan, add a little bit of butter, pour half the batter in. Flip and wait until cooked through. Repeat with the rest of the batter. Enjoy with your topping of choice. 

I spread a little bit of peanut butter and drizzled some honey on top. But I also think that some blueberries or strawberries would be amazing. I like very dark chocolate so I barely sweetened the pancake. If you like something a little sweeter you can add some stevia or a little more honey. I thought these were really great. I loved the rich flavor. I may have it again for breakfast tomorrow. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a blogger and not using blogspot please feel free to leave your blog URL as your nickname or in the body of your comment.