Sunday, June 6, 2010

The sandwich

I have another recipe that is not really a recipe. I don't know if you have noticed a theme in the few blogs I have posted so far, but a lot of what I make tends to evolve out of what needs to be used up and what vegetables I have in the fridge. You know, what can you throw into the quiche, or what can up wrap up with rice paper? This time the question is how many vegetables can you possibly fit between two pieces of bread. It is hard to write a recipe for some of these things because I make it different every time.

My husband and I were talking about this last night. He jokingly said he was going to start a blog about eating the food I make. He thinks it is great that we have been married for 6 months and he has never eaten the same thing twice. At least for dinner. There have been multiple times he has eaten Raisin Bran for breakfast and I have packed him turkey sandwiches many a lunch. But even I can't think of anything I have made more than once for dinner. Even if it is spaghetti there is always a different sauce with different vegetables and different kinds of noodles. Maybe I like change too much, maybe I am forgetful and never can remember the way I made it before, or maybe there are just too many recipes I want to try to be able to make any one recipe more than once. Whatever the reason it makes it difficult to write down recipes, but this is something I am working on and whatever I get a picture of is how the recipe will be.

Therefore, my recipe for today will be a veggie sandwich. Sorry the picture is so terrible. I am trying to work on my photography skills and editing skills. In the meantime I am commissioning my husband to take some of the pictures for me. We do have a big challenge with limited lighting, but we are trying to get that fixed. I guess you could call it a work in progress.

Veggie Sandwich
2 slices ezekial or whole grain bread
1 radish sliced
1 pickle sliced
1/4 avocado sliced
4 cucumber slices
3 tomato slices
handful of spinach
LOTS of spicy brown mustard or other condiments of choice

Prep all the veggies, toast the bread, and assemble.

Quick, easy, and super tasty! I made a different sandwich other day that was delicious. I used 1/2 zuchinni sliced and baked, roasted red pepper, tomatoes, and goat cheese. It tasted great. So next time you get hungry and have two pieces of bread just look in your refrigerator and see what crazy combinations you can come up with. Happy eating :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a blogger and not using blogspot please feel free to leave your blog URL as your nickname or in the body of your comment.