Friday, March 22, 2013

A Forgotten Post About a Cake

Well you see... one of my sisters got married in June last year. It was a beautiful event! I made her cake, with the help of my Aunt Pam and twin sister Nicole. I wrote this post as a draft last summer and forgot about it until tonight. Oops. 

I didn't get any pictures of the process myself, but my sister-in-law Kat graciously sent me some of the gorgeous pictures she took! Kat also recently started her own blog Voyages des Joie where she writes about the wonderful creations she invents in her kitchen. I must say, all her recipes look absolutely delicious!

So, without further ado, here are pictures of the cake!


My twin sister Nicole, and I baking the cakes. We had a blast working on it together.


The reception. My Dad figured out a way to put a live tree in the auditorium, and hang japanese lanterns from the ceiling. The atmosphere was truly magical! 


The cake had 4 tiers, 2 chocolate and 2 vanilla. It was torted and filled with raspberry filling and covered with buttercream. The pearls around the bottom are rolled out of fondant, covered in bronze luster dust. 


I love the topper and how it ties everything together.  I am so pleased with how this cake turned out, and I hope you enjoyed Kat's fabulous pictures!







No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a blogger and not using blogspot please feel free to leave your blog URL as your nickname or in the body of your comment.