Sunday, December 11, 2011

Happenings at the Fuller House

Are you ready for an update post? Because even though I think the details of my life are not interesting, you probably do. At least those of you that I am related to or are good friends. I know am bad at communicating. Talk to anyone that knows me. If I don't see you on a regular basis then I probably don't talk to you very often. I do come by it honestly as I come from a whole family of non-communicators. Needless to say, I going to try and incorporate more about my life in this blog instead of just about the food. How does that sound?

So, what's up with me? On Friday I successfully completed my second semester at Gainesville State College. I am proud to say that I maintained my 4.0 GPA and received A's in all my classes. I can't believe I already have two semesters in the books. The time is passing quicker than I could have ever imagined. As stressful as school sometimes can be, I find a lot of enjoyment in all the new things I am learning. I felt like an official nerd the other day in Chemistry class when the teacher shared a joke about valence electrons and I laughed really hard. Who knew electron configurations of atoms could be comical?

I have big plans for my first week off of school. Tomorrow I am going with my hubby to school to sit in on a few of his band classes. I have never seen him teach a full class before and I am so excited. I get to see him teach the 7th and 8th graders. They are currently preparing for their Christmas concert on Tuesday so I will get to hear a lot of Christmas tunes. The rest of the week will be spent cleaning, catching up on laundry and ironing, and working on all the different homemade Christmas presents I am giving this year. I can't tell you what they are yet, because I don't want to give it away. But I promise I will post all about them after Christmas.

Friday, the hubby and I are flying out to Chicago to visit my Aunt, Grandparents, and some other extended family. We are going with my brother and sister-in-law and we will spend the first few days in Rockford visiting family. The last two days we will spend in Chicago exploring the city. Chris and I have never flown before, or taken a trip anywhere since we've been married. So, this is really special to me and I can't wait to spend time with family. Then it's Christmas, New Years, and back to school for both Chris and I on January 3rd.

There you have it. The happenings of the Fuller house this Christmas Season. Thanks for listening :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are a blogger and not using blogspot please feel free to leave your blog URL as your nickname or in the body of your comment.