Saturday, October 29, 2011

UGAly Cake

I know I know, long time no see. Life has been kicking me in the butt lately with everything going on. Classes, working with the band, work, and a husband have been keeping me busy. Today I don't have to go anywhere though, and I am really happy about it. Chris and I can be at home and catch up on some work and homework respectively. However, as I contemplated revising my essay for English class I thought about how long it had been since I updated, and decided blogging sounded like way more fun.

I was looking back at some pictures of the last few months and realized I never blogged about making a Dog Bone UGA cake. I made it for a lady to take to a tailgating party after one of their football games. It was a blast to make, and I think it turned out really cute. 


It was a chocolate cake with buttercream icing. I baked a 9x11 cake, and 12 cupcakes. I cut down the 9x11 cake to size, and cut the corner of four cupcakes out to fit into the four corners of the cake. I cut off the tops of four more cupcakes to get the corners more domed and rounded to make it look for more like a dog bone. 


Everything was very crumby from so much cutting and shaping, so I did a fairly heavy crumb-coat to keep everything in place.


 This was after I finished icing before I smoothed it out. The lady didn't want fondant so I smoothed out the buttercream the best that I could. 


Chris made the UGA logo to go on the cake. I am always amazed and impressed by his mad skills in the kitchen. 


Here is the finished cake. 


Packaged and ready to go out the door.

It was a fun project and I always enjoy it when Chris and I get to work together. 

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

If you are a blogger and not using blogspot please feel free to leave your blog URL as your nickname or in the body of your comment.